Planning Your Trip to Walt Disney World
Between the mouse ears, the Dole whips, and the flight out to Orlando, a Disney trip can get expensive fast! When traveling on such an adventure, you want to make sure your resort room will keep you comfortable throughout your stay! However; budgets can often make us compromise on stating in the most lavish of accommodations.
What Is Disney Vacation Club Rental
Disney allows the general public to book DVC units at very high rates through its regular resort reservations system, when available, calling them “Disney Deluxe Villas.” However, renting points from an owner will typically cost you about half what you’ll pay if you reserve direct through Disney.
Renting Disney Vacation Club points is a great way to save money and get Deluxe resort rooms at the Walt Disney World Resort! Plus you will get these villa style rooms for much less than listed prices. These significant savings on your resort can help offset other costs of a Walt Disney World vacation, such as airfare or meals!
Renting DVC points is the one-time use of a set number of a Disney Vacation Club member’s points to book a Deluxe Villa room at a Disney Vacation Club Resort. The owner of the points agrees to loan the points to a rentee in exchange for payment. The owner of the membership then makes a room reservation for the rentee in the rentee’s name. The amount of the payment is determined by the number of points needed for the booking. The per-point cost is agreed upon by both parties in advance.
How Can You Rent DVC Points
Renting DVC points has grown from an unknown to a fairly mainstream practice recently. Individual owners of the Disney Vacation Club choose to rent out their points for many reasons. These owners often aren’t going to be able to use their points, need a way to offset some of the considerable cost of membership, or are just looking to pocket some extra cash. There are companies that exist solely for the purpose of renting Disney Vacation Club points to savvy Walt Disney World and Disneyland guests.
How you go about renting Disney Vacation Club points, and whether it’s safe, is probably the most important factor in the point rental process. The only Disney Vacation Club point rental company that I trust is David’s Vacation Club Rentals.
David’s Vacation Club Rentals
Booking your Disney vacation through David’s allows you to stay at nearly any Deluxe Resort of your choosing, world-wide! The DVC resorts you can stay at on rented points include:
- Ten resorts at Walt Disney World in Florida: Animal Kingdom Villas, Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Villas, Disney’s BoardWalk Villas, Disney’s Villas at Grand Floridian, Disney’s Old Key West Resort, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort, Boulder Ridge Villas and Copper Creek Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.
- One DVC resort at Disneyland in California: Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Resort & Spa
- Two DVC Atlantic Coast beach resorts: Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort and Disney’s Vero Beach Resort
- One DVC resort on Oahu, Hawaii: Aulani Resort & Spa
Advantages Of Renting From David’s
- The main advantage is no worry. David’s Vacation Club Rentals, which has been in business since 2005 and is Better Business Bureau accredited, guarantees your transaction 100%. You don’t have to worry about losing your money when you rent DVC points through David’s service.
- Another area where you’ll have no worries: contacting someone if you have a question, or in the unlikely event that something goes wrong. When you deal with an individual DVC owner, you may or may not be able to reach that person easily. When you rent through David’s Vacation Club Rentals, you are dealing with a professional management team that is readily available through a toll-free number.
- If you need to add a dining plan to your reservation, and/or set up Disney’s Magical Express transfers to and from the airport, David’s Vacation Club Rentals will do all of that for you. You won’t be chasing the owner and negotiating every little detail — instead, everything is handled for you, efficiently and professionally.
- Last but far from least, renting your points through David’s Vacation Club Rentals saves you time. With David’s service, the rental process is quick and straightforward, without the hassle of negotiating prices, trying to work out a reasonable contract with the owner, etc. Plus, David and his staff do all the “due diligence” for you, so you don’t have to spend time doing a background check on the owner. It’s much, much less work and strain for you.
How Does The Pricing Work
As mentioned above, when renting DVC points, each point has a dollar value. This help the owners of the Disney vacation villa help offer a fair market cost for the rental of their unit. These values fluctuate by the season much like the cost of Disney Tickets.
Points carry their highest dollar value during peak seasons such as Christmas and Easter weekend. Travelers visiting Walt Disney World during slower times will benefit from greater savings with David’s Vacation Club Rental!
Per David’s website, pricing is as follows:
$16.00 US per point is the current rate for reservations booked up to seven months in advance. Reservations booked from 7 to 11 months in advance may be subject to an additional premium rate of $1.00 US per point. To ensure fairness to all of my guests, I do not negotiate different prices. I try to keep the prices the same throughout the year but there may be times when supply and demand require modification. Lower prices may be offered to subscribers of my last minute specials newsletter, but last minute specials are usually restricted to reservations within 60 days from their release date and limited to stays at the larger resorts (due to room availability on short notice).
Pros and Cons of DVC Point Rentals
- The best and most sought after benefit of renting Disney Vacation Club points is the huge monetary savings! When booking traditionally, you couldn’t stay in a Moderate Resort for the rates you can get by renting Disney Vacation Club points. Much less, a coveted Deluxe Resort room.
- Another benefit for some is getting the Disney Dining Plan included in your points rental. Even without purchasing park tickets! This means you can save even more buy purchasing your park tickets through a third party broker (MY FAVORITE IS UNDERCOVER TOURIST) instead of going directly through Disney. These savings can be small or huge, depending upon the size of your party and the tickets you need. I know people who have saved over $800 by buying their tickets through a reputable third party.
- One of the additional benefits of DVC points rental is a huge help if you are considering getting your own membership. Purchasing a Disney Vacation Club membership is a hefty financial investment. However; renting Disney Vacation Club points is a great way to take DVC for a test drive. If you are considering buying a DVC membership, make sure you do a rental stay in advance to determine if buying into the club is right for you.
- Having the upgraded room type of a Deluxe Villa comes with many valuable amenities! My favorite are the kitchenette and the in-room washer and dryer. I love being able to do laundry and bring my leftovers back from Disney area restaurants!
- There are larger units available that are perfect for big families, extended groups of friends and family, and people who just want more room. These more spacious units include 1-Bedroom Villas, 2-Bedroom Villas and 3-Bedroom Grand Villas.
- The biggest downside to renting Disney Vacation Club points is that you don’t have total control over the reservation. Someone else books the reservation for you, someone else has to make any changes to the reservation you might need, and someone else does your final confirmations. Disney will not discuss any reservations with non-members, so even if your name is on it, you’re at the mercy of the person who booked it if you need changes.
- Another downside is that the unit you will be staying in is a privately owned-villa and not a hotel room. This means housekeeping service is not daily. Most stays will only have one visit by Mousekeeping. This isn’t a problem for me personally, I typically leave my “Do Not Disturb” sign up throughout my trip. For others, not having the full hotel experience might be a fatal flaw of renting DVC points.
- We’ll be honest with you: it generally costs a little more to use David’s Vacation Club Rentals than it does to make a deal directly with an owner. David charges about $16 per point, while direct arrangements tend to run more like $12 to $14 per point. However; when you consider how much ease and security you get renting through David’s, we figure it is worth the additional cost.
Enjoy Your Magical Disney World Stay
Disney Vacation Club point rentals is a great way to save a ton of money when planning a Walt Disney World Vacation. It is also a great way to test DVC benefits without making the long term commitment to joining.
If you’re currently booking Moderate or Deluxe Resorts directly from Disney, you should definitely consider checking out David’s Vacation Club Rentals. Doing so guarantees you will have a trip of a lifetime at a great savings!